As I look back at my notes from the Path to Purchase Institute’s Shopper Marketing Summit last week, I realize just how much there is to share. Rather than overwhelming you, I will provide a few bullets for you to think about.
- Insights, insights, insights – An idea may be great, but without insights to support it, it won’t get any traction.
- Relevance – Retailers are looking for relevance – they all want to provide the right content, at the right time, in the right channel.
- Partnership – Retailers want to partner with CPG companies – as long as the insights support the idea and the idea is relevant.
- Promotions – It’s no longer about those key events or holidays; taking occasion-based ideas to the retailer is a win-win.
- Speed – Companies are going to be moving at the speed of light. Walmart is now producing 30 spots per week!
- Concepts – The idea must come first. Long gone are the days of determining the channels and then following with the ideas to fit. The big idea is what is important, the channel is secondary.