On this episode of the Peppered Podcast I’m speaking with Chris Kirby, founder of Ithaca Cold-Crafted, the first ever, cold-crafted hummus. This is not just another “me too” hummus. They use a cold pressure process instead of heat pasteurization, which keeps their ingredients raw, full of nutrients, and incredibly flavorful.
On this episode we discuss:
- The Ithaca Cold-Crafted brand story
- How small brands can compete against category giants
- Gaining distribution for emerging brands
- Production scale-up challenges
- Maintaining profit along the journey
- The role of social media